Moderator Guide

Hey, RPF, Ultipenguinj here.  I’ve noticed some things going on in RPF chat that shouldn’t be going on, and mods are doing these things, too.  I thought that I’d re-post Cool’s Moderator Guide, since some people have never seen it.  Remember, this goes for owners, too!  Even members should read this, so you know when you are being abused, and so you will know what to do when you get moderator.

Hello RPF,

It is 78562cool back for another guide.  This week’s guide is all about being a great moderator.  This post will include do’s/don’ts of mods, along with pictures of Smilie Spam, Flooding, and Spam.  So you can identify each and respond accordingly.  To be an effective mod, I also suggest reading the chat rules located underneath the RPFVictory Chat.  These rules can also be seen below:

Screenshot_30

Click on image to get a bigger picture

Click on “Read More”

Lets begin with the do’s of being a moderator.

Do’s:

  • Warn for Smilie Spam, Spam, and Flooding.  An example of each of these can be found below. Each person gets 2 chances to stop.  First and second warnings result in a warn.  3rd offense results in a short ban.  *Disclaimer* For new troops, please explain to them what to do to avoid getting warned/banned.

Click on images for a large picture.

Flood

Example of a flood

Smilie spam

Example of Smilie Spam

Spam

Example of spam

  • Ban for cussing/being inappropriate.  These can result in bans up to 6 hours based on the severity of the offense.
  • Ban spies.  During an event, if you see a spy, ban intermediately and report to leader/owner.
  • Ban those who advertise on the RPFVictory chat.  This includes links to other armies’ chats.  *Disclaimer*  Do not ban if it is RPF related chats.  These chats include division chats and the RPFBC chat.
  • Membering guests.   Only member a guest with an ID.  An example of a person with an ID can be found below.

ID

  • Taking control of the chat.  If there are members fighting in the main chat, issue a warning to all offenders.  Then follow up on that warning if they continue to fight/argue.  Those who are fighting will typically stop fighting after you issue the warning.
  • Warning for negativity towards RPF.
  • PCing new recruits and welcoming them to RPF.  Explain to them what we are and how to join, and emphasize to them to come back to the RPF chat.  The recruits don’t do us any good if they never return!
  • Warn/Ban those who are harassing other RPF soldiers.  The severity of the situation correlates to the decision of whether to ban or warn.
  • Always keep your cool.  If you get stressed out, you won’t be able to enforce the rules.
  • Always repeat tactics and room changes during events.  It allows people who may have missed the message to catch up and act accordingly.

And know for the Don’ts: 

  • Don’t go “AFK”  Away From Keyboard too much while on the chat.  If you aren’t on your computer, you can’t do your job of moderating the chat.
  • Don’t ignore issues in the chat.  If you see something, react accordingly.
  • Never break a rule that you are enforcing.
  • Never abuse.  Don’t warn/ban unless it is needed.  This will lead to you being un-modded.
  • Never harass other RPF soldiers.
  • Don’t set a bad example for the other RPF soldiers.  They are looking up to you to see how they should act.
  • Always log on the when the leaders tell you the first time.  When you are online you are able to help position other members of RPF.

Well that is all for this week!  I hope this helps out.   As you are modded, I suggest reading this.  It will help to adjust to the new rank.

Comment your opinions of this guide, was it helpful?

~78562cool

-Ultipenguinj

I've been in CP armies since summer 2013. My first army was the Nachos, which I quit after 2 weeks. Then I moved to the Rebel Penguin Federation. I also was a co-creator of Legion Sky Warriors.

Posted in Home
12 comments on “Moderator Guide
  1. zeroreploid56 says:

    Understood, I will do anything possible to be a great moderator, this guide is really helpful 🙂 thanks Ulti 😀

  2. 彡ŚŤÁŔ฿ŐĨ4ī4彡ŔṖF 4ĪƇ彡̅ᴇᴍᴘᴇʀᴏʀ sᴛᴀʀ says:

    Good Post 😀

  3. NeonRainbow says:

    It was helpful thanks 😀

  4. ҠΣѴĪ∏ says:

    Coded by Kevin^^^^^^^^^^

  5. Com1con3 says:

    Alright, there was a few things wasn’t enforcing….. is it ba dthat i want someone to breaj the rules so i can enforce them XD

  6. Taibhse/Stradivar says:

    Good post, and a great example of what RPF moderators should be! 😀

  7. Mo10000 says:

    not helpfull for me,as i am for a lot of months in here,but it would be hepfull for new mods/members 😀 (but hey if we talk about owners they should already know at all)

  8. Mo10000 says:

    plus i dont really ban a lot,,like 60% of the ppl i warn finnaly stop when i say “this is the last chance/warning”,the others 40%get banned by others before i can see that they actually stopped,kinda rude from them

  9. starvsblack/rebelpikachu says:

    Yes it was helpful

  10. Teigan says:

    I asked Ultipenguin J to put this on actually because I’ve been seeing a few mods maybe owners who are acting strangely and sometimes even when mods react to a member and owners are good friends with that member they mad undo whatever the mod just did to cause confusion but I have about 2 definitely 1 mod who has been not following the rules so far so thankyou Ulti for putting this on for me and for everyone really. ~ Teigan ~

  11. 78562¢σσℓ™ says:

    Hey that is me!
    Ulti edit: Hope you don’t mind. 😉

Talk To Us

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Join RPF Today!

Club Penguin - Waddle around and meet new friends!

Blog Stats
  • 2,894,332 Winners
Come Check Us Out!
Click To Join!
Some Epic Music For Today
%d bloggers like this: