I created this post to remind you guys that online safety is extremely important.
ALL RPF READ
General Safety Rules:
- Never share anything online that involves your personal information. For example, your name, email, what you look like, your phone number, address (etc) Even though we may be friends online using our CP USERNAMES, remember we don’t know who is out there and RPF wants everyone to be safe. If you want to share any personal information, make sure you ask a trusted guardian first.
- Never share any email passwords, CP account passwords, and xat passwords if you are registered!
- Never meet anyone in person. People can pretend to be someone else online! If you want to meet someone, ALWAYS ask for a trusted guardian’s permission and make sure they are present when you first meet.
- If anyone ever makes you feel uncomfortable, is cyberbullying, or wishing threats. Tell an owner on chat immediately and we will BAN FOREVER the person who is doing such a thing. Do not let anyone pressure you into sharing something your not comfortable sharing. A TRUE friend online will understand online safety is important and you don’t need personal info to be friends. Block them on chat. You don’t need their negativity in your life.
To stay safe in the CP Army Community, RPF Recommends:
- Do not comment on any army websites or new sites regarding CP armies. We are not liable for those sites if anything was to happen. If you comment you are at your risk We know for a fact that RPF is a strictly protected site but even if you don’t feel comfortable commenting here, it is no problem. We are not forcing anyone to comment.
- If someone is threatening you on chat, we will BAN THEM FOREVER! Do not be scared to tell anyone. If you want to do it privately, Private Chat them. YOUR SAFETY IS IMPORTANT and we want RPF chat to be a SAFE chat.
- Be respectful on chat. Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Cursing is NOT allowed. We follow the same rules as CP in order to protect our troops and to give them a fun experience while being safe. Cursing will involve bans.
Also, remember RPF does not send any emails to anyone. That is personal. We are not in charge of what emails CP sends out to its players nor do we ever send out emails to those in the army about RPF or the CP army community.
You may say “I know this already.” but it is unbelievable how many people aren’t cautious about online safety.