All moderators are required to comment by Friday.
Today, Lilstar and I have decided that we have far too many mods. We’ve decided that there needs to be a limit on the amount of moderators we have, and these mods need to be the best mods we can possibly have.
Moderators can’t just come to events and come on chat a few times a week. They need to be attending every possible event, coming on chat daily, welcoming new recruits, recruiting whenever they are offline and moderating the chat whenever they can. This, is what a moderator needs to do. Anyone not doing this does not deserve to be a moderator.
We’re going to be demoting some mods over the next week, but we need to find out which mods are doing what first. Which is why I ask all moderators to answer the questions below in the comments. Anyone who lies will be demoted immediately, and I have made sure that we can find out if you’re lying.
- What is your name on ranks?
- Do you attend 4/5 events in your timezone?
- Do you come on chat for a reasonable length of time each day?
- Do you welcome every new recruit that comes on chat and make sure they join?
- Do you recruit with an auto-typer whenever you are offline? If so, what is the penguin you recruit with so we can check that you’re being truthful?
- Do you regularly read the chat rules and kick/ban people when necessary?
Your answers above will be checked by a leader, so you need to be 100% honest. If you aren’t, the consequences may be worse than if you were.
I’d like to also welcome our members to comment below if they think any moderators don’t deserve their rank, as we’re always happy to listen to your suggestions!
p.s. Mods, be straight with us. We don’t want to demote anyone, but it has to be done in order for this army to be successful.